Skip to main content

Of Poetry !



-- Quote of the Day -- 

" I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star,
 fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. 
I dripped it carelessly, 
Ah! I didn't know, 
I held opportunity. "

~ Hazel Lee

-- Poetry -- 

 * These two poems are both excerpted from Rhythm & Rhyme, a collection of my husband and my own poetry. These were both written by me and have a similar style - I thought they'd fit together here today nicely...




Double-locked Vaults


I felt myself

Thinking and feeling

Thoughts of doors

Long closed

And sealed by 

Double-locked vaults.

Emotional vertigo

Swayed my mind

Yet once adjusted

A side of myself

Was revealed

...and I...

Understood.

 * Written in the summer of '08 about the journey of healing from old wounds, coming to a place of peace with the past and discovering I had grown in the process. 



All These Years

 
All these years

Flown by

Not like a leaf on the wind

Not like a flitting butterfly

More like the roaring rush

Of pounding wings 

Of shaking waves

So mesmerizing

So sweet.

* Written in December '12 upon reflection of the powerfully rewarding experience and the incredible speed of time of the 23 years (at the time) that Dave and I had been together.


Find Dave and Lillian Brummet at: http://brummet.ca

  * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!

Comments